Tuesday 17 September 2013

Phew, it's hot!

Yesterday we spotted two aircraft flying together.   They were the type that swoops on the sea or a lake to get water and then drop it on a forest fire.   We've not heard anything but it tells the story of a hot and dry countryside.
Last night saw us tucking into barbecued chicken wings and  salad - very acceptable.   The cats enjoyed what was left too.  
Sue Brown, the house owner went over to Torremolinos yesterday for cataract operation.   The operation took 15 minutes and she stayed for an hour to make sure all was well.   She was due to go back today for a check up.   Next week she goes through the same routine for her other eye.   You get quick turn rounds with private medicine!
Today the temperature under the shade outside the kitchen door rose to 33.5 degrees Celsius.   I decided it was time to use the hot tub.   We had 20 minutes of sheer bliss!   Straight after that we had a swim in the pool to cool off!   It's all action, I can tell you!
Tonight I am cooking pork steaks on the barbecue and cooking courgettes in butter.   What a decadent life!   This afternoon I received an email from the Witness Care Unit in Colwyn Bay to say that the case I was due to be a witness in was being moved to Mold Crown Court and could I be there tomorrow.   I explained in my reply that I had been excused from attending as I was on holiday.   That case haunts me!
As I write this blog it is 5.00pm (4.00pm in the UK) and the day has just drifted by.   I really hope we can remain as laid back as this once we are back home.   I have been so stressed unnecessarily this year that I would like to spend a no pressure period for a while.   My problem has been that I have invented things to worry about and that is not sensible.
I can now report that Pauline's leg is very much better and it is obviously due to the regular swimming.   When we get back we are due to renew our Leisure Centre memberships so I hope she will be there in the water once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment