Tuesday 10 September 2013

So relaxed

Once again we have seen wall to wall sunshine here at Finca Manolo in the Montes de Malaga.   Looking out of the window this morning, I wondered what is was that was reddish gold.   It was the nearby hillside lit by the early morning sun.   We have an amazing wrap round view where we are.   There are mountains and hills all the way round. If we need to go to any point there is no straight route.   The only way is to meander between the countless hills and mountains.
As we look out to our right we can see the white village of Comares sitting on top of a very high hill.   It appears to have no road leading up there, but last year we drove to it to prove this untrue.   Although the village of Colmenar is the one we use for supplies of food we are actually closer to Comares.   My wallpaper on the PC is a photograph of Comares taken mid afternoon.   We turn our gaze towards the left and eventually come to the sight of Mount Maroma towering over a white village.   It appears to be about to fall on top of this village when you get nearer.   Yesterday we heard thunder coming from that direction but the weather here never changed.   Quite often the sky is entirely blue except for a bank of cloud sitting on the mountain as if it is an active volcano.   In the winter it is covered with snow and I have seen a number of photos of experienced climbers tackling the mountain.
Further over to our left is a long range of smaller mountains that rise up like stone sculptures from the land below.   Driving over to Colmenar, we see a changing view of these as the angle changes with every bend in the road.   The roads locally can be challenging as they cling to the hillsides and offer a sheer drop to the unwary.   Throughout the foothills we see many, many white houses and farms perched there.   To the right of Comares there seem to be dozens of them.   At night they shine like stars in the blackened landscape.
As dusk approaches I start making plans to cook our evening meal.   On Saturday night I made a paella with the seafood I bought in the Eroski Hypermarket.   Last night saw our first barbecue with chicken wings and rice salad. The delay in having a bbq this year was because I could not find a supply of firelighters at Eroski!   I know they sell them because the tiny remains of charcoal left by the previous people was bought there.   They must have the lighters too!   Tonight I am making tortilla to a simplified recipe I found in the house.   Last time I did one it stuck to the pan!   I hope to do better tonight.   I am finding it easier to use the bottled gas cooker this year.   I have even finally mastered how to use the dishwasher this year.   It would be simple if the various control marks had not been erased with use over the years.   Trying to use any machine without clear controls is bound to be difficult.
On checking my smartphone today I find that I have missed the gym and Pauline her art group.  Oh dear! I have taken steps to avoid any problems with my chest developing through the gym absence.   I have brought a pair of dumb bells to exercise with!
Here ends today's report.

No comments:

Post a Comment